Looking for a versatile and affordable wood to use in your next project? Douglas Fir may be the perfect choice for you! This type of wood is known for its strength and durability, and it doesn’t require any finishing beforehand. It can be used for many different purposes including construction, furniture making, boat building, and more. Read on for tips on how to choose a slab or board to make sure you get your money’s worth!
We offer local pickup in Dallas, OR. Please contact us to scheduling a viewing of the live edge wood slabs we currently have in stock.
For the douglas fir live edge wood slabs, we currently have:
|Species||Width “||Lenth ‘||Thickness “||Board Feet||Rough Price||Finished Price||Pickup Location|
What is a douglas fir tree?
Douglas Fir is a type of evergreen tree that is native to western North America. It is the tallest tree in the Pacific Northwest, and it grows up to 200 feet tall. Douglas Fir has a conical shape, and its branches grow close to the ground. Douglas Fir is an important source of lumber, and it is used for construction, furniture, and other products.
Benefits of using douglas fir for live edge wood slab projects
There are many benefits of using Douglas Fir for live edge wood slab projects. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Douglas Fir is a very strong and durable wood. It can withstand a lot of wear and tear, and it is resistant to moisture and insects.
2. Douglas Fir is a beautiful wood that has a natural grain pattern. It will add beauty and character to any project.
3. Douglas Fir is a relatively affordable wood. It is less expensive than many other types of lumber, but it is still high-quality and durable.
4. Douglas Fir is easy to work with. It is a softwood, so it cuts and sand easily.
5. Douglas Fir is a sustainable choice
How to Select a Live Edge Wood Slab
When selecting a live edge wood slab, it is important to find one that has the right amount of character. The slab should have interesting curves, burls, and figuring. The color and grain should also be beautiful and consistent. It is important to make sure that the wood is healthy. The slab should have a nice finish and no sapwood. The bark should also be intact. Also, it is important to make sure that the size is right for your project. The slab should be big enough to fit your project, but not so big that it is difficult to transport.
Benefits of buying a live edge wood slab from Oregon Forestry Consulting
When you buy a live edge wood slab from Oregon Forestry Consulting, you are getting a piece of natural art. The slabs are carefully chosen and then air dried to perfection. You can use these slabs in a variety of ways to add natural beauty to your home.
Some of the benefits of buying a live edge wood slab from Oregon Forestry Consulting include:
1) You are getting a unique, one-of-a-kind piece of art.
2) The slabs are air dried for perfection, so they are easy to work with and won’t warp or crack.
3) The slabs come from sustainable forests, so you can feel good about your purchase.
4) The slabs are a great conversation starter. Your family and friends will be impressed!
5) You can use the slabs in a variety of ways to add natural beauty to your home.
6) The slabs won’t break the bank, but they are very high quality.
Douglas fir is a popular choice for wood slabs because of its tight grain and strong structure. When used in home renovation, Douglas fir can add value to your property and improve the look of any room. If you’re looking to buy wood slabs from Oregon Forestry Consulting, be sure to ask about our quality control process and satisfaction guarantee. We’re proud to offer some of the best lumber in the Pacific Northwest, and we’re confident you’ll be happy with your purchase.
About doug fir trees: Douglas fir | Description, Uses, & Species | Britannica
We also sell firewood, for local pickup in West Linn or Dallas OR. 5 Things You Need to Know About Buying Firewood – Oregon Forestry Consulting